HALF OF ALL FIREFIGHTERS THINK
ABOUT KILLING THEMSELVES
YOU ALREADY KNOW THE JOB TAKES A TOLL
2x the rate of alcohol problems
4x the rate of PTSD
8x the rate of depression
18x the rate of anxiety
suicide rates 2x the general population
after a suicide, most chiefs say
"i never saw it coming."
and it isn’t fair… as dedicated and committed as you are, most chiefs:
-To provide Chiefs an action plan to deal with mental health issues and free up time to allow them to run their department
-provide tactical response to critical incidents and personnel issues. know who to call and what to do when dealing with a firefighter in crisis
-to provide emergency response, consultation, and trainings to keep firefighters and their families mentally healthy, conflict free, and successful on the job
-provide the skills to identify, decon and solve emotional issues so you can stay strong, motivated and driven
all of this to reduce the risk of suicide
the par360 program
PAR360 is a yearly subscription program providing emergency response,consultation and training to department leaders and firefighters
dr. margaret gavian-
-Medical Director, MN Fire Initiative
-PhD in Psychology with over 13 years working as a therapist
-Worked with men & women in warzones (Israel, Gaza, Kosovo),
FDNY after 9/11, with veterans, first responders, departments,
executives, teachers, refugees, medical centers and in other emergency situations
-Leader in major health system
-Consultant & trainer to community and healthcare organizations
what chiefs get:
1. Direct line to mental health experts.
2. Monthly conference calls with Dr. Gavian to solve issues.
(a $2,400 value)
3. Support for flagging at-risk members before it’s too late.
4. Yearly in-person training for Department Leaders on best practices. (a $1,000 value)
5. List of vetted providers who get it.
6. Discounted rate for additional services as needed. (up to $1,000 in value)
what firefighters get:
1. Eight-week online resilience training for all department members. (a $2,000 value/per member)
2. Access to confidential Facebook page to answer questions, get additional training and learn from others. (a $1,000 value/per mo)
3. List of vetted providers who get it.
4. Resources for how to recognize the warning signs in themselves and others.
5. Yearly training for spouses/significant others to support healthy families. (a $1,000 value)
not having a strategy at all:
Avg. costs of not addressing the problem:
One Suicide: $1,329,553
*(Shepard et al, 2015)
Substance Abuse Treatment: $25,000-$60,000
One Therapy Session: $200
Plus the added emotional and mental toll
risk a lot to save a lot
The risk is minimal and the benefits are immeasurable. The PAR360 program is an invaluable resource to have at your disposal and should be an integral tool in your response against behavioral health issues within your department.
And let's be honest you have enough on your plate!
You don’t have to fight this fight on your own. Let us be your technical advisor, your mutual aid partner, and together we can contain and extinguish whatever crisis that arises and get your department and crews running like a well oiled machine.
So what are you waiting for? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Contact us today!